If anyone knows how hard it can be to find motivation to get active in the winter, it's me. I'm not a fan of the cold, so I like to spend most winter days indoors... watching TV... on the couch. So, I'm always on the lookout for ideas to make working out more fun.
Here's 10 of the 21 Ways thanks to K. Aleisha Fetters from Women's Health magazine:
1. No Excuses - We're all crunched for time, but no excuse is good enough for you not to take care of your health.
2. Be Flexible - If you need to break your workout into two or three smaller sessions throughout the day, then do so.
3. Do Something - Even if you can only work out for 20 minutes a day, that time will make a difference.
4. Make it a Habit - By thinking of exercise as just another health habit (like brushing your teeth), it will become automatic.
5. Get a Goal - Jot down your goal and post it in a prominent place, like the bathroom mirror.
6. No Gear Needed - Plenty of recession-proof exercise routines don't involve a gym or equipment.
7. Be Consistent - Create a set schedule of exercising at least three days a week.
8. Assault Your Senses - While working out watch your fav trashy TV show, blast tunes or read a good book.
9. Start Slowly - Gradually add difficulty to your workout to feel challenged, not defeated.
10. Keep Track - By writing down your workouts, you can literally see your progress.