A Montana man who was found dead at a remote oil well in western North Dakota was poisoned by petroleum vapors.
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - A Montana man who was found dead at a remote oil well in western North Dakota was poisoned by petroleum vapors.
The death certificate for 21-year-old Dustin Bergsing, of Edgar, Mont., says he died of hydrocarbon poisoning.
Bergsing was found dead on Jan. 7 at a Marathon Oil well in Dunn County. Bergsing had been living in a mobile home at the well site while he worked for a Dickinson contractor.
Marathon Oil spokeswoman Lee Warren says there were no apparent equipment malfunctions or other problems at the site. She says the company will be studying the findings of the state forensic examiner.
Two autopsies were conducted because the first one was inconclusive.